The Unified Health API
The Unified Health API integrates the disparate health data standards in order to accelerate clinical research.
Reference Data Sources
Units of Measurement
- UCUM – The Unified Code for Units of Measure (UCUM) is a code system intended to include all units of measures being contemporarily used in international science
AACT is a publicly available relational database that contains all information (protocol and result data elements) about every study registered in ClinicalTrials.gov.
Observations, Lab Test Results
- LOINC – Logical Observation Identifiers Names and Codes (LOINC®) is clinical terminology that is important for laboratory test orders and results, and is one of a suite of designated standards for use in U.S. Federal Government systems for the electronic exchange of clinical health information.
- The Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine (SNOMED) – The Systematized Nomenclature of Medicine (SNOMED) is a systematic, computer-processable collection of medical terms, in human and veterinary medicine, to provide codes, terms, synonyms and definitions which cover anatomy, diseases, findings, procedures, microorganisms, substances, etc.
- RXNORM – The RxNorm database is a controlled vocabulary of drugs and their ingredients.
- Medical Dictionary for Regulatory Activities (MedDRA) – A rich and highly specific standardised medical terminology to facilitate sharing of regulatory information internationally for medical products used by humans.
Diagnosis / Symptoms
- International Classification of Diseases, 10th revision (ICD-10) – A standard for the coding of diseases and their related conditions.
- Open mHealth – common schemas define the meaningful distinctions for each clinical measure
- Apple HealthKit – a set of schemas for the Apple HealthKit platform
- FHIR – a standard for electronic health records
- openEHR – openEHR is a technology for e-health consisting of open platform specifications, clinical models and software that together define a domain-driven information systems platform for healthcare and medical research.
Online Data Browser
Contact [email protected] if you desire access.
Voting on Pull Requests
- When a Pull Request is made to the main branch, a new comment is
- posted on the PR where you can click :thumbsup:/
Only configured voters in .voters.yml are counted.
When a Pull Request is updated, it will clear the voting and restart the vote.
Rules of Voting
See .voting.yml for the rules of voting.
percentageToApprove is the percentage of weighted votes needed to approve a
vote defined by the number of weighted for votes over the total number of
weighted vote. This number must be above 0 for this action to have any affect.
minVotersRequired is the minimum number of unique voters need to call the
results of a vote. These voters can be for or against. This number must be above
1 for the action to have any affect.
minVotingWindowMinutes is the minimum amount of time that must pass after the voting comment is created before any vote can pass.
.voters.yml define the voters and their vote weights.
Each entry should have the format of
<github-user>:<voting-weight>. In a
normal fair election, every voter has would be configured to have a weight of 1.
Contact [email protected] to add your name to the voter list.