Highly effective non-profits are really good at applying leverage to all sectors:
They further broke it down into six rules:
So here’s how we can apply those rules to our objective:
Pulling off the buildup and the flywheel moving is going to be a lot of work. However, the nice thing about that strategy is that the benefits to all of the different stakeholders and sectors working together feed back into the process to motivate even more cooperation. So once it’s spinning, the momentum will make it much easier to sustain.
We make strategic grants to 501c3 non-profits or Open Collective organizations that are most effective at (and are willing to commit to) helping us realize the vision above.
EMAIL THE FOLLOWING TO HELLO@CROWDSOURCINGCURES.ORG:
- A brief history of the organization and description of existing services (if applicable, please include website address, current programs and accomplishments, current number of staff, and volunteers, and current population served, e.g., number served per year, geographic location, socio-economic status)
- A description of the proposed program
- The specific dollar amount requested from the Foundation and date payment is needed
- A list of all entities asked to give financial support to the proposed project (include their responses to date and dollar amount committed)
- A project budget including income and expenses
- A plan to evaluate the project (please include measurable, time-specific goals, a description of the information to be collected to measure progress, and how that information will be collected)
- A list of trustees or directors and corporate officers that includes: titles for the board of directors and professions
- Names and qualifications of staff involved with the proposed project
- The organization’s current operating budget and year-to-date financial statements
- The last certified audit (if a young agency, send the last fiscal year’s statements and the last IRS Form 990 filed)
- A copy of the latest verification of tax-exempt status from the Internal Revenue Service under Section 170 of the IRS code
We invest in for-profit companies that would be most effective at and (are willing to commit to) helping us realize the vision above. However, dividends to sustain the foundation are typically required. To apply, please email your business plan to HELLO@CROWDSOURCINGCURES.ORG.